A botanical oil concentrate miticide/insecticide specifically for the control of
two-spotted mite, aphids, whitefly and scale in commercial tree, vine and vegetable crops, ornamentals, floriculture, covered cropping, home gardens.
The product has three specific modes of action:
- Penetrates the exo-skeleton (skin) of mites and aphids. This causes death via suffocation.
- The protective waxy cuticle (thin protective membrane) of insects and their eggs is denatured by the oils and surfactants in Eco-oil®.
- Acts as a minor insect repellant which reduces the chances of pest re-infestation.
- Eco-oil® can be classified as a knock-down insecticide, no systemic activity. There is some residual activity due to its repellant effects and ovicidal action (dehydration and smothering of eggs).
- The physical mode of action provides low potential for insect pest resistance from overuse.
- Low burn potential with Eco-oil® as the product is based on botanical oils.
- High safety level for user & crop. No withholding periods, or re-entry restrictions. However, it is important to observe worker protective clothing guidelines when applying any sprays.