Penetraide™ is a highly effective long-term granular re-wetting agent. It provides effective soil / water management in turf, lawn and gardens.
What is a hydrophobic soil?
A common problem with many sandy soils and soils with organic materials or decaying vegetation is that they have the propensity to become water-repellent when they dry out. These soils are known as hydrophobic. Hydrophobic soils allow little or no water to penetrate, causing water “run-off”. Also, water is actively repelled away from the plant's root zone, depriving them of water and nutrients.
This scenario causes:
- Poor water penetration and water storage (or water-holding capacity).
- Water run-off
- Dry patches
- Patches of stressed plants / turf
- Considerable wastage ofwater, fertilisers and plant growth potential.
How to improve water penetration?
By attracting water to hydrophobic sand and organic particles, Penetraide™ will counteract the problems caused by water-repellent soils. This will result in:
- Improved water penetration
- Reduced water ponding and run-off
- Less “dry patches”
- Improved water retention and water storage capacity
- Improved root development and better plant ability to absorb water and nutrients.
Other benefits of Penetraide™
- Provides up to 7 months activity, depending on application and the amount of dry-out occurring
- Facilitates the control of algae and mould
- Reduces nutrient loss
- Assists with dew control
- Easy to use micro-encapsulated granules, which resist wind drift on application.